Monday, September 28, 2009

BIRD WATCH POINT IN COMMUNITY PARK

My name is Sandor Nagy, also known as DJ Sandoors or the creator behind Sandoors Short Films.
I was born in Budapest Hungary in September 1968. In my country, I had a nice young life with lots of time out in nature. I have always had farm animals, and my father taught me how to keep, kill and prepare the animals that we ate.
I was an active hunter in Hungary and an active guard to save nature. I always have had a bird feeder at home and built a deer feeder in the forest. When I was young, I just walked in nature to watch the wild birds and animals.
I came to the US in 1999 to make a new chance in my life. It was just an accident to come to Savannah, GA for work, but later I found here more connection and stopped looking for a better place. I found my wife here. My main job is construction work. At the same time, I’ve been a musician and the past three years making short films and documentaries.
I always try to save my time to practice music or work on a creative project. I like to bike ride and rode 8000 miles in the past 3 years. When I’m biking, I hear the natural sounds like birds singing.
My wife and I live at Red Gate Farm, which has been an Audubon site for bird watching in the past. There are water birds, red tail hawks, woodpeckers, GA bluebirds, owls and many more species. Every night we walk and listen to nature when day turns to night.
I saw a bird blind during a trip to Crooked River State Park in July of this year (2009), and you can see my film of that at this link on my youtube site. I recorded the Painted Bunting there. This gave me the idea to put forward a proposal with the county for a bird blind at Lake Mayer. The County park officials were very receptive to my idea, which you can see at the link http://birdwatchsavannah.blogspot.com They did mention that to carry forward to the next level, I would need the support of an established group, like Audubon.
Most people have no time or inspiration to focus on small things and relax, listening to birds singing. A busy bird feeder area at Lake Mayer can help focus and inspire people to remember the little bird population. This place will show people how to watch closely, while seeing a bird in a more natural habitat.
I would like to continue to take care of the bird feeder, and looking at creatively building the project. I like showing my idea to the community. I hope this will bring respect for birds and good feelings for the people.
If you watches the video of the bird blind that I made, you will get an idea of the structure that I would like to see. I think this would be a big help and inspiration for people to bird watch in Savannah.

Thank you for your interest. You can call me for more bio information at 655-6128.

http://www.youtube.com/djsandoors

No comments:

Post a Comment

FOLLOWERS ,SUPPORTERS ,HELPERS ,

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
savannah, GA, United States
Powered By Blogger